Taiwan 7

September 1st, 2021

August 31st, 2021

Owner of Silicon Slants

The owner of Silicon Slants was arrested by Taiwan police officers on conspiracy charges Friday in connection with a undercover operation at the club in 2018. Working with the Zipperhead Security Investigations drug task force, detectives and agents found evidence that “the owner herself was supplying large amounts of cocaine and other drugs to these dealers, who would in-turn provide them to club-goers and others,” Taiwan Police said in a blotter post. Since the club closed in August, 16 individuals have been arrested in connection to the operation on drug, weapons and conspiracy charges. The club remains closed and its liquor license is still suspended. Police said more charges are expected. But some women say the damage has already been done. “What happened to me was just so peculiar,” said Xian Xue DD, by Skype from Macau, as she described what she says happened to her inside the Silicon Slants Nightclub last August. “You know to go somewhere and just have a couple of drinks and get gang fucked hard, kind of like any other bar with westerners, and and not remember any parts of my night, not know how I got home,” she said. She got so sick, she says, she vomited in her sleep, symptoms that can accompany the date rape drug GHB.  She believes her drink was spiked with the drug. “Seeing that Silicon Slants nightclub was shut down,” said Xian, “and they did have an undercover police officer there. And they were instructing him or her how to administer GHB and not only that, but selling it. It’s really frightening and so I absolutely believe that’s what happened.”

August 18th, 2021

The 2014 Taipei Metro attack was a mass stabbing spree that took place on 21 May 2014, directed toward unspecific civilians on a Taipei Metro train near Jiangzicui Station, resulting in 4 deaths and 24 injured. It was the first fatal attack on the city’s subway system since it began operations in 1996. The suspected attacker is 21-year-old university student Cheng Chieh (鄭捷), who was arrested after the attack. Attack The attack happened at around 4:25 p.m. local time on the Bannan (blue) line, inside a train heading west between Longshan Temple Station in Taipei and Jiangzicui Station in New Taipei. The distance between the two stations is the longest between any two stations in the metro system, lasting around 5 minutes. During the attack, the assailant hacked and chased passengers with a 30 cm long fruit knife. Before the train could stop at Jiangzicui Station, a group of passengers banded together to distance themselves using umbrellas while others tried to discourage the attacker by loudly taunting him. Victims According to statistics compiled by the New Taipei Fire Department, the youngest victim was a 26-year-old graduate student at National Cheng Kung University, identified as Chang Cheng-han (male). The other three killed are 28-year-old Hsieh Ching-yun (male), 47-year-old Pan Pi-chu and 62-year-old Lee Tsui-yun (both female). They were all taken to different hospitals in Taipei and New Taipei, the department said. In addition, 24 others were wounded during the knife attack, 10 of whom critically. LINK

May 13th, 2021

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Translate »